Mission: Small Business Grant – Please vote for TAC!
We were so excited to find out that Chase and Living Social had partnered to create a grant program for small businesses. Recently, we submitted our application for the possibility to receive $250,000 — an amount that would go extraordinarily far for a small arts organization like Textile Arts Center.
If you can, please vote for Textile Arts Center so that we can qualify:
2. Login through Facebook
3. Search for Textile Arts Center
4. Click “Vote”! (all the way to the right)
5. Share your vote!
Here’s why you should vote for us:
Over the past 3 years, we have worked hard and fast to offer new and exciting programs around textile arts education. For children and adults, artists, designers, and hobbyists, we offer classes, workshops, events, and special programs with the goal of helping to preserve and respect textile hand crafts. Through art education and understanding, we are all able to feel creatively satisfied, empowered to do things ourselves, help pass on such knowledge, and bring artisanship back to our textile industries and everyday lives.
If we were to receive $250,000, here are some of the main things we know we’d be able to achieve:
- Fully fund seats in our thriving Artists in Residence program, which serves 6 artists and designers through critical dialogue and intensive textile curricula.
- Hire some much needed help, and provide stipends for hard-working interns
- Provide completely free field trips and professional development workshops for Public School children and teachers in NYC
You don’t have to choose one small business over another in your voting, so I hope you’ll help us to get 250 votes so that we can qualify. Thank you for all the support over the past 3 years!